|“||Send the Dead...back to Death...Send the Dead...Back to Death...||”|
—Sayuri threatens Mei at the Inn.
|Born||September 18th, 1983 (Virgo)|
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
|Hair Color||Dark Blue|
|Manga||None (Anime Exclusive)|
Sayuri Kakinuma is a student of 9th Grade Class 3 in 1998.
She is usually seen reading a book (as seen in "Rough Sketch"), as well as going to the library. She was present during Mr. Kubodera's suicide, an event which was probably traumatic enough for her to miss a few days of school, as she didn't appear for several episodes.
She is later seen in the class trip, not smiling in the group photo. In "Makeup", she heard Takako's broadcast, and along with Matsuko tried to confront Kouichi, though they were unable to prevent him and Mei from escaping. In "Stand By Oneself", Sayuri escaped from the building after being hit by a falling chandelier. And was later seen staying outside with San, Matsuko, and Yukito. This would be her last shown appearance as she isn't part of the group that vists Manabu in the hospital. It could be that she left Yomiyama during the summer.
She has long dark blue hair which is tied in braids. Sayuri wears green frame spectacles with circular lens and has dark blue eyes. She wears the school standard female uniform.
She is a shy, mature and studious girl, who loves to read books, but not to socialize.
- The kanji of her first name, Sayuri, means "little lily."
- Her home address is 9-18 Furuikecho Yomiyama City
- She is ranked C in Another characters ranking, the lowest rank, making her the lowest ranked female character.
- Sayuri is most likely an anime original character. Her design bears a very strong resemblance to Takako Sugiura from the manga, though Takako did not have glasses in that version. Oddly, she also inherited Takako's spot in the anime's intro, albeit for only one episode.
- Her only spoken dialogue is "Send the Dead back to Death," which she chants with the others while attacking Mei and Kouichi at Takako's behest. She shares her English voice actress with Yukari Sakuragi.
- Main article: Sayuri Kakinuma/Image Gallery